
How geography, Trump, and global instability help explain World Cup security costs
Bud Mercer was the head of security for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, a near billion-dollar operation. But the veteran former RCMP officer says those in

Bud Mercer was the head of security for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, a near billion-dollar operation. But the veteran former RCMP officer says those in

SHERBROOKE — Quebec Liberal Leader Charles Milliard is pitching his party as the only resolutely federalist option in Quebec as it will likely face off
TORONTO — When Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s government drastically cut student assistance grants earlier this year, it cited “unsustainable” costs, but new figures show nearly
TORONTO — Prime Minister Mark Carney said Thursday he has not formed an opinion on Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s plan to expand Toronto’s island airport,

TORONTO — Ontario’s incoming interim Treasury Board president says there will be “flexibility” in work arrangements for public service employees during the upcoming FIFA World
TORONTO — Ontario’s legislature started a 21-week break on Tuesday and by the time members of provincial parliament return from the summer recess, it will

TORONTO — Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s government is in secrecy-by-default mode, opposition critics say after reviewing the content of blue licence plate documents the province

TORONTO — Ontario Liberal caucus member Rob Cerjanec has tossed his hat into the party’s leadership race. The rookie legislator who won the Ajax riding

TORONTO — Ontario’s solicitor general is defending the new powers he is giving himself to direct police boards to follow provincial priorities. Michael Kerzner said

TORONTO — Ontario municipal councillors could soon be removed from office for violating a code of conduct under a provincial bill that passed Tuesday, though

TORONTO — Former federal cabinet member Navdeep Bains has entered the Ontario Liberal leadership race. Bains worked as a science and industry minister in Justin

TORONTO — Ontario Premier Doug Ford’s government is reversing its decision to go to court to prevent the release of documents about its ill-fated blue

TORONTO — Ontario Provincial Police are set to launch a website next year that will name high-risk offenders, the solicitor general said Monday as he

TORONTO — Ontario cabinet minister Caroline Mulroney announced Monday that she is resigning, looking to step away from elected politics after eight years in senior

TORONTO — Toronto Mayor Olivia Chow will be seeking a second term in this year’s municipal election, she announced Monday. Chow said in a press

Canadian soccer fanatics have a chance to experience one of the sport’s premier events in person this year as the FIFA World Cup comes to

An Ontario judge’s recent decision barring the Region of Waterloo from removing people living in a homeless encampment is “cockamamie,” Premier Doug Ford said on

BOSTON — The U.S. Attorney’s Office says a Canadian citizen who has been living in the United States for decades has been charged with voting

TORONTO — The Toronto Port Authority says the proposed island airport expansion will cost up to $5 billion. Port authority CEO RJ Steenstra told a

TORONTO — Premier Doug Ford’s plan to significantly redevelop Toronto’s waterfront will have “substantial implications” on gridlock, transit congestion and could lead to the degradation

Licensed Ontario restaurants and bars will be allowed to sell alcohol until 4 a.m. during the upcoming FIFA World Cup. The province announced the temporary

TORONTO — Liberal MP Nate Erskine-Smith is asking supporters for advice on what his next steps should be, with his potential bid to become Ontario

TORONTO — Liberal MP Nate Erskine-Smith is asking supporters for advice on what his next steps should be, with his potential bid to become Ontario

TORONTO — Ontario will expand its vastly overcrowded jails by 2,500 beds over the next 10 years at a cost of $3 billion to the