Carney says temporary foreign worker program needs a ‘focused approach’

Carney says temporary foreign worker program needs a ‘focused approach’

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Mark Carney said Wednesday the temporary foreign worker program needs a "focused approach" that targets the needs of specific sectors and regions.
Carney's comments came as he outlined the government's plans for the fall during an address

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

Related Posts

Ontario/Quebec, Politics

August 17, 2026

Mike Layton seeks return to Toronto city council after 4-year hiatus

TORONTO — Mike Layton is looking to reclaim his seat…

Read More >

Vibrant street celebration in Oslo during Norwegian Constitution Day.
Lifestyle, Ontario/Quebec, Prairies/BC, Social

August 15, 2026

Brittany Hobson

First Nations, Norwegian family unite to honour adventurer’s life and legacy

WINNIPEG — Gry Skjottelvik arrived in Canada last month with…

Read More >

Automotive, Business, Labour, Manufacturing

August 14, 2026

Daniel Johnson

Stellantis seriously considering closure and sale of idled Brampton plant: union

TORONTO — Unifor says Stellantis is seriously considering the closure…

Read More >